Wow, I can’t believe it has been over a year since I first finished and promoted my first book. It was a year long process for me to write it. What inspired me to write it was the parents of the children that I work with. I am a board certified music therapist and I work mainly with children with special needs. I wanted to reach out and give parents a resource, a tool that they could use to help make life more manageable. So here are some top reasons why you should read my book.
- Are you a parent raising a special needs child? Then this book is definitely for you. Maybe you and your child love music. I find music to be a great way to connect with others. It has been said that “music is a universal language”. It’s true! There are many hands on activities that you and your child can participate in together. I feel finding activities that your child loves can help parent and child bond .
- Are you a parent interested in finding out what music therapy is and how it can help your child? Then this book will provide what music therapy is, what populations a music therapist works in, and where music therapist can work. This book even shares how music therapy can be used in specific populations.
- Are you a student interested in pursuing a music therapy career? Then this book is for you. There are a number of vignettes written so that readers can get a sense of how music is used in a music therapy session or group setting. Not only do I find it helpful to read factual information but love having it explained in a practical way.
- Do you know a parent who is raising a special needs child? Then this book is for you to read and share. I have had several people contact me expressing how much they loved my book and thought of another person who could also benefit from reading it.
- Are you a professional working with special needs children? Then this book can help you adapt the same activities that are suggested for parents to use and be used in the classroom. Also it is a great resource to have and to share with parents.
I would love to hear from you on how you benefit from reading my book. Please let me know what was helpful, what could be better and if you get a chance please leave a review on Amazon.