Group Music Therapy
Life Song Therapy provides group music therapy services in communities, such as schools, facilities, or agencies.
All ages and all abilities are welcome to participate!
Music therapy is a unique avenue of treatment
that is able to reach individuals
in a way that no other therapy can.
Through group music therapy, students can be supported in music through:
➔ Practicing and promoting social skills and relating to others
➔ Enhancing expressive and receptive communication
➔ Addressing individualized and classroom academic and cognitive goals
➔ Promoting fine and gross motor movement and planning
➔ Practicing recreation and leisure skills , right within a fun musical learning environment
“Music therapy has helped our students tremendously excel in skills including: social skills, language
skills, and motor skills. Some of our students started out just sitting and listening or not being able to sit
for more than a few minutes. Now, they are participating and engaging for the entire half hour! Our
students also like to listen to the songs during centers. They use the instruments to mimic what we have learned during therapy.”
– Christy Carney, Preschool Special Needs Teacher –
FOR ADULTS AND OLDER ADULTS:
Through group music therapy, adults can be supported in music through:
- Participating and engaging in singing, listening to music, and playing instruments
- Practicing and promoting social skills and relating to others
- Improving quality of life, especially for older adults
- Enhancing expressive and receptive communication
- Promoting fine and gross motor movement and planning
- Practicing recreation and leisure skills, right within a fun musical learning environment
- Reducing stress, depression, and anxiety
A note from Jennifer:
At Life Song Therapy, we focus on quality of life when providing music therapy services.
We see our clients light up during music therapy, but we also see activity directors, nurses, and assistants light up when they see their residents smiling and engaging in the music!
Ready to get started?
When getting started, we perform a music therapy assessment and set up a treatment plan, customized specifically for your specific group or class.
Weekly or bi-weekly music therapy sessions are provided with monthly group progress notes written and provided.
TO GET STARTED WITH GROUP MUSIC THERAPY SERVICES, CLICK HERE.